Monday, April 16, 2007

At peace while the nation mourns...

I spent a blissful day walking around the Lock and Dam Park nature trails today. Taking pictures, contemplating the beauty of a river, the calm of a wetland, the graceful flight of a pair of hawks, the delicate tracery of phacelia clinging to a stone outcropping, the clean, shiny red of new poison ivy leaves, the delicate waxy white flower of the May Apple drooping beneath twin umbrella-leaves, the craft in the park walkways and bridges, the majesty of a gigantic tulip poplar and a huge four-trunked red oak. When I tore myself away and arrived home, I downloaded the pictures:















...then I absently switched on the TV.

Back to the cruel world of mankind.

Why must unhappy folk compel others to share their misery?

No comments:

Post a Comment