Roger Stone "is one of the very few excellent political professionals."
You remember Roger? He's the guy who is reported to have ...
- vounteered to infiltrate the McGovern campaign for Nixon ( He was part of Chuck Colson's CREEP group.)
- helped Ollie North raise money for the Contras
- been ordered to disrupt the Florida recount by James Baker
- organized the "spontaneous" mob that disrupted the recount of Dade County Florida ballots in 2000
- raised a mysterious $150,000 to unseat Florida judges who ordered the 2000 statewide recount
- been rewarded for his undercover work in Florida by "serving" on the transition team for Bush.
- helped staff Bush's Bureau of Indian Affairs, after which he negotiated Indian gambling contracts that could make him a very wealthy man - we're talking millions -- while also working for anti-gambling interests ala Ralph Reed & Co.... "double agent man, double aaaagent mannnnn."
- advertised for sex partners through a magazine and online
- been involved, double agent style, with circulating later-discredited evidence of George Bush's military record
- promoted the presidential campaign of Al Sharpton in 2004 -- double agent style again
- called the 83 year-old father of NY Gov. Spitzer and left this recorded message:
“There is not a g**d*** thing your phony, psycho, piece-of-s*** son can do about it. Bernie, your phony loans are about to catch up with you. You will be forced to tell the truth and the fact that your son’s a pathological liar will be known to all.”I have been aware of this guy since the obscene Republican behavior in Florida in 2000.
You can check out this info at a number of spots on the web. Here are a few sources for lots of links and more info on this sleasebag buddy of our President: Oh!Pinion, Daily Kos, Washington Post, Village Voice, Albany Times-Union, or just google "Roger Stone"
If you want the other side, read the guy's defense here. Methinks if the recording should turn out to be fooled around with, the likeliest fooler-around is Mister Stone himself.