Monday, August 05, 2013

Gleaning Facebook: Think I'll drive up to Armuchee and...

It's 8:30 am on August 5, 2013, the first day of school. I have just gotten up, showered, dressed. I've donned a pair of socks, the first I've worn since July 25 - it's been sandals or bare feet every day since then. Think I'll drive up to Armuchee and pass right by Scenic Road and good ol' AES for while, maybe enjoy a cuppa joe along the way, enjoy the lush green Armuchee ridges and rushing Armuchee Creek -- such a wonderful change from the also beautiful but desolate dry hills of southern California -- before I drop in to see how the trail is coming and say "Hi" to a few of my employed friends.

I miss the joys of the first day. Those happy fresh faces. Introducing Penny and Nick to wide eyes. Examining apples with curious minds. That first walk on the trail.
BUT, I believe I can get used to the freedom of scheduling my own time.





No comments:

Post a Comment