Saturday, January 04, 2020

Gleaning Facebook: States I've Visited

I wish I could say I'd visited all fifty. Maybe I can still make it to the twelve states I've missed. I am told eight is the number of states the average American has set foot in. Lots of folks never leave the state they were born in. I put a 

Y 

by the states I have set foot in, and a

N

by the states I have never visited, and a

                 ♥️

for the ones I have lived in. 

Passing through and airports count--but flying over doesn't, even though after several flights to San Diego I've gotten a better look at Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico than several of the states where I've actually touched the soil. 
38 visited, 
12 yet to go, 
Lived in 4 (We lived in Ohio just on weekends of 1951-52 when Daddy served as a student pastor at three churches in Adams County while he was a student at Asbury College in Wilmore KY the rest of the week.)

Alabama- Y
Alaska- N
Arizona-Y
Arkansas-N
California-Y
Colorado-Y
Connecticut-Y
Delaware-Y
Florida-Y
Georgia-Y♥️
Hawaii-N
Idaho-Y
Illinois- Y
Indiana-Y
Iowa-Y
Kansas-N
Kentucky-Y♥️
Louisiana-N
Maine-N
Maryland-Y
Massachusetts-Y
Michigan-Y
Minnesota-Y
Mississippi-N
Missouri-N
Montana-Y
Nebraska-Y
Nevada-Y
New Hampshire-Y
New Jersey-Y
New Mexico-N
New York-Y
North Carolina-Y
North Dakota-Y
Ohio-Y♥️
Oklahoma-N
Oregon-Y
Pennsylvania-Y
Rhode Island - Y
South Carolina-Y
South Dakota- N
Tennesse- Y
Texas- N
Utah-Y
Vermont- Y
Virginia-Y
Washington-Y
West Virginia-Y♥️
Wisconsin-Y
Wyoming- Y
Washington DC-Y

-----------------

Comments

Katie Cauthen Francisco I’m missing just two!! Not Hawaii and Alaska either! I’m missing North Dakota and Michigan.
Ellen K. Thompson
I've been to 40 so far... Plan to visit them all.

 pastedGraphic.png

Ray Barton I’ve made it to all 50. Was number one on my bucket list.

Darrell Fedchak I'm at 34. With any kind of luck I can check a few more off this year.


Charity Gilchrist Nicholson I've been to 30!


Ray Langley Been to 49 plus Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands just missing Hawaii. Lived in 2 states Georgia and Oklahoma


June Lovenbury Warfield We have a big gap in the west - some one of these years we'll get out there and get to the big national parks!! At the current time, while we are still able to endure LONG flights we are pursuing international travel. In the USA, things are pretty much ADA compliant, so we can do domestic travel when we no longer have the mobility for more challenging adventures. It amazes me how many of my peers are already using canes, walkers, electric scooters, etc. Since I'm originally from Massachusetts, Mike's originally from Florida, and we currently live in Geogia, it was very easy for us to cover the east coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment