Monday, October 31, 2022

Halloween 2022

Sheila enjoys Halloween. I saw this afternoon that she had donned her witch's hat and gathered assorted props for her to use as she distributed Halloween treats. Also we were hoping to FaceTime with Clem, Ruthie, and Suzie at some point as they prepared to "Trick or Treat" in California. I knew I needed to do my best to come up with some sort of last minute costume. I couldn't find any of the old silly hats from my teaching days -- did I give those away? -- so I managed to find a silly tie and my Whopper Hat from my victory in the Big Fibbers Contest almost a decade ago. Not much of a costume but it was something. 

Sheila snuck a picture of me as I texted Brannon .

Soon the ghosts, ghouls, and gangsters began dropping by. Sheila was ready.

Sheila was ready.

Then the FaceTime call came. So we got to visit with our three grandkids and Brannon while we hosted the monster visitors. Here are a few screen captures.

Clem wanted a story right away. 

She asked for the "Raccoon" story (Joega) Im told her that was too long. 

I tried a really quick and lame version of "The Hairy Toe" but she wanted more. 


I tried "Jabberwocky" the "Dark Dark Night. 

Ruthie decided she could do "Dark Dark Night" and began it but never quite finished it.


Susie reaches for the phone.

And we took a couple of selfies before we closed up for the night.



Then, I thought, I oughta go take a picture of the City Clock with spooky clouds and that orange light! Sheila said she'd ride with me and at almost ten o'clock in the evening we drove to the clocktower. Shoot. No orange light this time. And I couldn't get a real god angle, had a hard time shielding the iPhone from the bright lights while keeping the clock and the moon in a frame, and the limitations of focussing in low light with a cell phone... oh well. 

I took this picture from our back porch before we left the house...

...and this one from our yard.

But the best I could do on clocktower hill was to block the streetlights with the brick wall along second street. But the moon is low from this angle and I could not get it in good focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment