Saturday, October 15, 2022

Saturday Song: Lily's Eyes

I have had the privilege of singing this duet in two productions. I sang the Archibald Craven role as part of Prospect Theater Company's Broadway Revue at DeSoto Theater in Rome, Georgia, in the late nineties.


Then jin 2004 we did a full staging of the play at Rome City Auditorium, under the auspices of Rome's Own Musical Ensemble. It was a particular joy to sing the role of Archibald in this production because both of my daughters also had major roles. Brannon had gorgeous solos and a wonderful dramatic part as Martha, and Lillian sang beautifully as Rose.

Then later, when I was taking voice lessons from Angela Flanagan (who played the ghostly Lily in the 2004 production) I recorded the duet -singing both parts. So this is a duet with myself. I tried to give the two characters Achibald and his brother Neville distinctive voices.



No comments:

Post a Comment