Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Escapees

When I got to Arrowhead today I was surprised to find the alligator tank empty of gators. It took only a few minutes to find the escapees. The little guy was hiding right there under the wooden cabinet that holds  the gator tank. The big guy got a little farther. He was behind the box turtle enclosure. I recaptured two irritated reptiles in a matter of minutes. I returned them to the tank and adjusted the lids to make them more secure. But I did not notice, obviously, the real escape route.

An hour or so later I happened to glance their way again and caught the little guy in mid escape. I had not noticed that the floating island had come unmoored and had given the rascals a platform from which they could reach the opening in the lid. 

Who would imagine these guys would be such climbers?




 

No comments:

Post a Comment