Tuesday, December 19, 2023

California Christmas 2023: Day One

I am always interested to keep track of our flight on Delta's flight Tracker. We started out from Atlanta almost due west, and I noticed we'd pass right over Cheaha Mountain, Alabama's highest point and the lower northwestern flanks of which hold the two little lakes that are home to Camp Mac and to my brother David's home. Watching out the window I was amazed to realize I could see the two lakes and the stone retaining wall on David's lakefront property! How about that! 

But a few minutes later clouds covered the view out the window and I turned to the available in flight movies. I watched the old Jimmy Stewart movie, "Shop Around the Corner" and then Tom Hanks'  more recent "A Man Called Otto." Otto ended as we sat on the tarmac at San Diego's airport.

One of our bags was not at the baggage claim, though a very similar bag was leftover. When the folks at the service desk checked, though, someone had realized their mistake (I presume) and here came our big blue bag after all. Whew!. Brannon picked us up for the 45 minute drive turned t an hour or so in the heavy traffic. Sheila ordered pizza en route and we picked it up on Santa Fe and brought it with us to Blackbird Drive. What a blessing to be reunited with those three little girls (and their parents and grandparents).





No comments:

Post a Comment