Monday, February 17, 2014

Gleaning Facebook: Daniel Mitchell's Other House

I have been told that this house on 11th St., like our home, was built by Daniel Mitchell, one of Rome's founders.





Jane Jameson
Mr. and Mrs. R. E. Worsham owned this home. They were cousins to us. My parents married in this home in 1936. John and Cora Stephens owned the home to the left. Graham Stephens was their son and my cousin also. I never told anyone at school. When he did not come back from lunch one day it was all I could do not to totally break down. He used to tell jokes of what he and his best friend did to get in trouble. His best friend and cousin was my dad! Graham would always wink at me in telling the stories. I KNEW he was talking about Dad!
His family is buried next to my parents at Myrtle Hill.

Our home was down the street across from 4th Ward. Nancy and Patsy Horton lived across the street from the Worshams. Jeanie and Tappy Whitehead and also Mike and Susan Whaley also lived there as did Mike, David and Danny Henson. I have mentioned several times what a great time we had in our neighborhood. Robertt Redden's niece and nephew were Susan and Mike.
In the summer of 2012 Clyde Collier organized a reunion of children who attended our school. Well over 150 were in attendance. Great little school.


Daniel Mitchell



 

No comments:

Post a Comment