Saturday, February 08, 2014

Gleaning Facebook: Trinity Youth c. 1957

Posted by George Barton on the Rome/Floyd County History Facebook page. :

Taken at Trinity Methodist Church around 1957-58. I know a few, front row left, Charles Ables, Middle row from left, George Barton, Suzanne Barton, Sandra Goble Sandra Popham , back row second from left, not counting the little fellow in between rows , Michael J. Burton, Y'all tag.


Millie M. Alvarado Santiago
Lol! Back day u looks nerd but u are way smart and wise man!

Bob Doster
Mike was kinda goofy looking.


Terrell Shaw
Some things change and some things stay the same, Bob. 

pastedGraphic.png


George Barton
I think the last name of the middle guy on the front row is Payne, I'm not sure.

The lady at the far right of the back row looks a lot like Agnes Goble, Sandra's mom.


Terrell Shaw
That's John Payne! I'll tag his wife Charlene Payne. I thought the fellow in front of you was Charles Ables?


George Barton
That is Charles Ables in front of me, he was a radio announcer for a while, and then went into real estate with his father'in'law.


Terrell Shaw
Is Charles Bagwell in the picture or did you just type the wrong name?


George Barton
Fb sometimes just changes a name for no reason, mine has Mike Burton on Suzanne. I didn't do it.


Terrell Shaw
I fixed Mike's tag. Could that be Judy Wessinger all the way to the right on the front? Might Susie Latimer or Brenda Davis be in it?

I'll bet Sandra Popham can name 'em all. I hope she is recovering well from her recent surgery and will take a peek soon.


Julie Spector Windler
Anyone know where Sandra Goble is now?


George Barton
How do you change a tag you made?

Could the front row right be Docia Hunt? I think she is on fb, I will try to contact her.

If Susie Latimer is in here, I think she would be middle row, second from right., sister Cindy might know a few.


Ann Gore
Know Mike, and both Sandra Goble and Sandra Popham.


Karen Candler Tucker
Is the lady on the left, back row, Mrs. Clifford Evans, Sam Evans' mother.


Karen Candler Tucker
Is Jane Candler Chumley next to Sandra?


Terrell Shaw
Samuel W. Evans, Brenda K Davis, Cynthia Latimer -- y'all take a look and see who you recognize


Linda Mackey Moore
@Julie Windler: Sandra Goble is now Sandra Popham and she is on Facebook. She is a retired teacher and still at Triniity UMC.


Victoria Smith
Great photo of you UG : )


Charlene Payne
I am not in the photo but my husband, John Payne, is in the first row, third cute little boy from the left. Could the lady at the top be Bernita Burton?


George Barton
Suzanne thinks the front row right is Docia Hunt too, and Jane Candler by Sandra too. and Ann Fricks to Jane's right.


Sandra Popham
Back row right is Agnes Goble, Docia, Jane, and Anne are right as named above. I don't think Susie and Cindy are in this one. Other names escape me.

No comments:

Post a Comment