Thursday, February 13, 2014

Gleaning Facebook: Jerry Hightower Says Spring is Alive

With the ice and snow upon us, just consider that in just 38 days the "official" first day of spring arrives. Regardless of the equinox, spring is alive in the forest along the river. Monday yellow dandelions and purple henbit were in bloom along Vickery Creek. Under the leave litter the forest is alive with an amazing diversity of creatures including tiny snakes. In the deep humus the pale white shoots of early spring wildflowers are ready to delight us in just a matter of weeks.

-Jerry Hightower


Alice Jeffries Keel
Love Uncle Jerry!

Terrell Shaw
Jerry really is your uncle?

Alice Jeffries Keel
No - but sometimes he refers to himself that way so I just picked that up as a term of endearment. I do believe he IS the first man I ever followed into thigh high muddy water where I could not see my legs- of my own volition! 

No comments:

Post a Comment