Friday, May 27, 2022

Clocktower Friends

Today I got a call from Tony Pope at the Rome History Center. He said to drop by the center; he had a present for me! 

When a I arrived there a couple of hours later he and Selena Tilley were busy changing out the front display to honor our fallen heroes for Memorial Day. Tony brought out two History Center bags each with one budvase decorated with a painting of the city clock. I got my choice! Yay!

While I was there I bought a City Clock hiking staff medallion to add to my collection. 

Thank you Tony and Selena for all you do to help preserve the history of Rome and Floyd County!

If you will be in town on Saturday June 4, call the History Center to reserve your visit to the Rome City Clock that day. We will have tours from noon till two. I'll be the guy up top showing off an eagle's eye view of our city.

And any time you are downtown take an opportunity to visit the gift shop there! They have lots of great Rome-related souvenirs and art pieces.

I had a hard time picking, but finally settled on the one on the left

I attached the City Clock medallion to my walking staff as soon as I got home.

Another interesting City Clock item at the History Center is this bee hive. Surely any queen bee would be pleased to establish her realm in this grand palace.


No comments:

Post a Comment