Saturday, May 28, 2022

Rehabbing the Doll Cradles 34 Years Later

As I was preparing to have my two granddaughters visit last summer I got busy refurbishing the doll cradle that their mother had received as a three year old. It had been a final Christmas gift from her "GrandShaw" in 1986. I also had the pieces of the cradle that had belonged to Amanda, their mother's cousin. So I refurbished both cradles. Today Amanda was in town so she picked up her cradle. I hope her three little girls will enjoy it... and maybe some of their kids one day. A little love passed down now another generation.


The folowing video show a little of the back yard process.



Both cradles were a little worse for thirty years wear and tear so I decided to paint the bed portion, which was made of very ordinary pine, and stain the oak rockers. 



Amanda with the doll cradle (and Sheila) in my mother's front yard today.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment