Tuesday, May 03, 2022

Gleaning Facebook: Joan on Aunt Eugenia

 From my sister Joan's Facebook:

I was hoping to be able to ride to Conyers today with my brother Terrell, his wife, Sheila, and my sister Debi to attend the memorial service this afternoon for my aunt. Eugenia Shaw was my aunt, but since she was only 8-9 years older than I, she felt more like a cousin. I remember when she married my Uncle Bill. Uncle Bill was such a fun person to be around, and I was so happy he had found Eugenia. They were a perfect pair in my young eyes. She seemed to enjoy his sense of humor and lively personality although she was a little more circumspect in her social interactions than he was. I always looked forward to spending time with them. Uncle Bill has been gone from the world since 1987, and now his lovely and loving wife has joined him. I am so sorry my own health is keeping me from celebrating her life today with their daughters and my other Shaw cousins. My heart and thoughts will be there. Rest in peace, Eugenia. You will be missed and always loved. (The picture below was taken in 2013 when we celebrated her 80th birthday with her. Mother, pictured with her, loved all her sisters-in-law - that group of amazing women who married "the Shaw Boys!")




Comments

Angie Shaw Bryant
Thank you for sharing this, Joan! We will miss you! I hope you feel better!


Annie Scarbrough
Will miss seeing you. Feel better soon.


Joan Shaw Turrentine
Annie
, I’ll be thinking of you, too. This has to be so hard to lose another sister. I was looking forward to seeing you and your kids and grandkids.


Carol Shaw Johnston
You had two strokes just two weeks ago. That’s a shock to your body - plus having to adjust to no vision in one eye. Rest up. Mother - Lavay - and Eugenia. We have had a lot of sadness in the family since last year.


Joan Shaw Turrentine
Carol
, yes, we really have.


Frank Norris
So sorry about the death of your aunt.


Andrea Shaw Hayes
We missed you! Feel better soon!pastedGraphic.png


Patty Falk
Love and prayers


DougandDianne Stonecypher
LOVE YOU JOAN ! Di


Janice Shaw Crouse
That group of AMAZING women who married the Shaw Boys is so right. I loved, admired and respected them all!!! Very, very special women. Only Annie Scarbrough remains now.


Janice Shaw Crouse
I so rarely get to see my cousins. How I wish I could have been there to celebrate Eugenia’s life with them!


No comments:

Post a Comment