Saturday, May 28, 2022

Gleaning Facebook: Narcotics and Guns


From a physician posting to Facebook:

I prescribe narcotics and other controlled substances. They have a purpose but also have risks of death. I had to be trained in how to prescribe these drugs. I have to have a license through the DEA to prescribe these drugs. I had to have a background check to get this license. Every couple of years I pay a fee ($700) to the government to update that license. During the license renewal my background check is done again. I also have to continue training to keep the license as well as to keep my medical license in the state I prescribe narcotics and controlled substances. I also pay a fee and undergo a background check in my state to continue to prescribe those narcotics and other controlled substances. I have to show proof of my up to date training to the state I prescribe narcotics in. There are certain narcotics that I have to get a special license and training to prescribe in my state. No matter what training or license I have I can NEVER prescribe heroin. There are also checks and balances. If I give the wrong dose or too much a nurse or pharmacist will see it first.

... If I make a mistake prescribing narcotics I could kill one person at most. People are horrified at one person dying.  

A gun can kill hundreds...
From Terrell: America has too many guns and not enough gun control.

No comments:

Post a Comment