Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Covid Day 4: Covid Ain't Nothin'*

Covid ain't nothin'.*

Well, the range finally came today, and Covid-Boy here, all masked and sanitized and distanced was tasked with installing it. That would have been a five minute task, except. That's right, the folks who were late delivering the stove that was defective were even later delivering its replacement, and failed to include the little flange called a "UL Strain Relief" Right! There was definitely NO STRAIN RELIEF with that stove!!!! 

After several hours including a Sheila trip to Lowes to try and find something that would work and my very frustrating phone calls to Whirlpool's No-Helpline, I just did it my way. Lord help us.

I guess it did take my mind off Covid for a while. 

Things are about the same today. Bad taste in mouth. General aches and pain. Minor congestion. Occasional cough. But, overall, still counting my blessings. Only three more doses of that awful/wonderful medicine to take.

Y'all keep my siblings in your prayers, especially my youngest sister Beth. 

When I think of Beth this is close to the image that comes to mind. She is my littlest sister. This picture was taken at our parsonage in Ellijay, GA (1958-1962)

This one from 1958 might be even closer. L-R: David, Carol, "Terry", Hercules (in my lap), Beth, & Debi. In front of Mama Shaw's aluminum Christmas tree.

My Covid is a walk in the park compared to Beth's travails of late. She has had several small strokes, still fights Crohns, and now has clots in her heart that must be dealt with. Today she endured a torturous two hour MRI. We await results of that to know what next steps will be.

The stove saga did get me -- carefully-- out of the bedroom for a while. Sheila tested negative again today. I hope our efforts with the stove didn't expose her. We tried to be careful. I'm back in my cell now. Sheila used that new stove to fix up some delicious baked salmon with broccoli and corn-on-the-cob which she brought upstairs with a side tangy lemon/yogurt dressing and a big bowl of fresh cantaloupe and left for me on the table outside my door. Yum!

----------------

* For this ol' boy who is double-vaxxed and double-boosted and has had good luck and good doctors and an amazing wife.



No comments:

Post a Comment