Tuesday, July 19, 2022

for (the original) Grandshaw

As I endure my quarantine for Covid I am perusing old digital files on my overloaded seven year olf MacBook. 

I'm not sure how old Lillian was when she wrote this note to my father who died not quite two years before she was born. She loved to hear me talk about her grandfather. I have told her how much of him I see in her. He would indeed have loved this kid! How he would have loved to have seen one of her dance recitals at Rome City Auditorium in the early nineties. Or any of her plays, from that gosh awful monstrosity they did at Rome Middle to her glorious triumphs in Bye Bye Birdie, Hairspray, and 9 to 5. And I guarantee you, he would have been there to stand with her in troubles too. 

We get to celebrate her birthday in just a week's time.

 

for GrandShaw
I Love you!
I wish that I could talk to you right now!
I wish I could see you!
from Lillian

I Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment