Thursday, July 21, 2022

Covid Day 5: Tomorrow I test - Fingers Crossed!

Sheila and I allow ourselves the indulgence of one Healthy Choice Fudge Bar daily. 
They come in a box of a dozen or so from Sam's. They count as three Weight Watchers points.  
Since my quarantine began, some days, if I'm good, Sheila lets me have a second. 
For a few minutes scrumptious chocolatey delirium overwhelms the disgusting Covid-meds metallic yuckyiness while it soothes my throat and tickles my fancy. 

I slept longer than I have slept all week! Yay! I woke right at six, just in time to replenish my body with 300 mg of nirmatrelvir and 100 mg of ritonavir, whose combined efforts are fighting the Covid-virus for me and simultaneously producing a vile 24/7 metallic taste in my mouth that can only temporarily be banished by Sheila's wonderful cooking or the magic of Healthy Choice Fudge Bars. That dose of meds this morning leaves only two more -- tonight and tomorrow morning. Hallelujah! I hope the yuck disappears soon after. I plan to take a Covid test tomorrow sometime. I think the standard is to test negative (once with regular test or twice with the home test) before leaving quarantine. 
Could I actually sing in the choir on Sunday -- only one week after my diagnosis? Considering all the hospitalizations, intubations, and deaths this virus has brought to the world the last three years that seems almost miraculous. 

My new MacBook, that I purchased from the Apple Store weeks ago, should finally arrive today. The machine I am tapping this out on is seven years old, seriously overloaded with data, and crashing on me often. I will be very relieved to have the new one with all my pictures and programs and writings and recordings and videos safely ensconced in new equipment.

Breaking news: President Biden has been diagnosed with Covid this morning and he has been prescribed the very same treatment as mine. That reassures me for both of us: that I really do have the best treatment available and that our president may recover as well as I have. This president came into office determined to get America vaccinated and to help everyone be better protected against the pandemic. A disease that previously was killing septuagenarians like us right and left is (so far) a fairly minor aggravation to Joe Biden and Terrell Shaw because of those nationally available vaccines and boosters.  
Best wishes for a quick and uneventful recovery, Mr. President! (And I hope you don't have the yucky taste side effect!) We need you. Thank you for your stubborn refusal to put politics over the good of the republic and the planet. Thank you for restoring honor and principle to our executive branch and to our foreign relations. If the American republic survives you will be one of the key reasons.

More Breaking News: The macBook arrived about 1 p.m. Yay!






I have a lot of work waiting to do to get the new 'puter loaded up with all my programs and important files from the old one. I am gonna try not to crowd it with unnecessary stuff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment