Thursday, June 14, 2007

My Latest Idea

Let's Make a Video


Grassroots Committee:
I'm thinking that I would like to try to video tape our next Grassroots Committee Meeting and then I would like to create an edited version of the meeting for placement on Youtube. Would anyone object to my doing that?

Below is an e-mail that I sent to Nolan Thomas, the president of the Montgomery County Young Democrats.

--Mike




To: Nolan Thomas, President,
Montgomery County Young Democrats


Hi Nolan --
I'm wondering if you have had a chance to read the Grassroots Committee Report that is posted on the Montgomery County Democratic Party web site? I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about the ideas that are in that document. One idea that this Grassroots Report advances is that, as a party, we should increasingly communicate via videos of our own creation.

I am the proud owner of a new iMac with all the iLife programs, including one for video editing. I've outlined a little project for myself, to help me learn how to use this new machine, and, a project that, I believe, will advance the notion that communication via video offers a great untapped potential. I am thinking that, if it is OK with the Grassroots Committee, I will have someone video tape the next Grassroots Committee Meeting and then I will put together an edited video version of the meeting and post it on YOUTUBE. The Youtube link will then be headlined in the Montgomery County Democratic Party web site.

I have two digital video cameras. I need to find two individuals who would agree to come to the meeting and use these cameras -- and maybe a couple of other individuals who could bring their own cameras -- to help with the taping of this meeting.

I'm wondering if this could be a project that the Young Democrats might help with? Let me know within the next day or two, if possible.

I think that eventually we might try to create a series of videos -- loosely based on a script -- that would allow for much participation and improvisation. I'm thinking that we could define a project that would inspire the imagination of a lot of young people who already are highly motivated by a genuine interest in video and movie production.

The next Grassroots Committee Meeting is Tuesday, June 19 at Party HQ downtown at 7:30 PM. Could you and a friend or two help with the manning of a couple of cameras? Let me know.


Thanks, Mike Bock

No comments:

Post a Comment