Thursday, September 06, 2007

Back online!

I am just off the phone after several hours with some very patient troubleshooters in North Carolina (BellSouth) and India (Linksys). And I am reconnected to the internet! It has been a frustrating two or three days.

If you have a Mac DO NOT buy a Linksys router. They are not just ignorant of Macs, they seem to me antagonistic toward Macs. Why is that? Despite their silly multiple warnings that they DO NOT support Macs, in the end connecting the Macs was a piece of cake. It was the usual PC folderol that took forever. And the third Linksys fellow, though it was difficult to understand his lovely Indian singsong accent, was very patient, knowledgeable, and helpful.

I am sorry to be so late with the September edition of Learning in the Great Outdoors. It may not be up till Saturday: bed beckons me now and - this IS September -- there's football tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment