Yesterday a bunch of my coworkers gave up their Saturday morning to get dirty and sweaty and itchy to help kick off our Big Project with a campus clean up. Here's to..
- Stacy who organized the clean-up, hauled the cases and cases of water (donated by her husband's business) to school, set up sign-in/release sheets, hauled off trash, stationed workers, and more.
- Newlywed Sarah who worked with Stacy.
- Marsha who signed us up with Rivers Alive and came despite some major health issues to sweat with the rest of us.
- Dependable Avis who drove down from Summerville and kept watch on the "between the wings" workers.
- Allien (pronounced Alan) who brought truck and loppers and slipped and slid on the steepest section and had to gather the yuckiest stuff.
- Rachel, who brought along her new fiance, and made quick work of the south hillside, then joined my crew at the back.
- and for number seven -- the other teachers who worked out of my sight, mostly -- on the main campus, playground, and along the roads. This included Ann Marie, Tammie, and several others whose names I don't have right now. I know the campus looks great!