Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Gleaning Facebook: It's a Small World

Terrell Shaw is amazed at this small world.

This morning as I duplicated Mr. Shaw's Stars Study Guide to the American Revolution, the little red-headed girl from down the street and her mom passed the copy room and said Hi! Then she asked if I had heard that Granddaddy was sick and in the hospital. No I hadn't. What's his ailment? And the mom uttered that terrible word, "Leukemia." So I started to tell them about how leukemia has staggered our family and as I raised my sleeve to show off my swirly purple armband, they beat me to it. They had the same armbands. I was floored. I, Lily's uncle, was not the first person at Armuchee Elementary School with a Lily's Garden armband!
Small world.
Please visit:

Carol Shaw Johnston
Where did they get the armband?

Did they say what kind of leukemia the grandfather has?


Terrell Shaw
They didn't say which leukemia. They got the armband from a "teacher at Model" -- Lyn, i suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment