Saturday, February 12, 2011

Gleaning Facebook: Carmon Elliott

Headed down to Decatur today with our friend Mike Bock to say happy 100th birthday to Mr. Carmon Elliott.
-------------
Joan Shaw Turrentine
Tell Carmon hello and happy birthday for Jim and me too.

Terrell Shaw
Will do!

Joan Shaw Turrentine
I didn't realize he was due this benchmark birthday already.

Terrell Shaw

We had a great time at the b'day reception. Carmon took a mike and told stories and recited poetry for 20 minutes or more. Great refreshments and a slideshow of pics from Carmon's birth and childhood in a log cabin in Buzzard Hollow Kentucky, to the present.
Just for the record, when I told Carmon's daughter who my sister is, she said her Dad thinks Jim Turrentine is among the best things that ever happened to his church, and Carmon repeated words to the same effect. Ann also asked that I greet Jan and Joan ... she knew both of you at Asbury. And Darlene's sister Marilyn also asked me to say Hi to Joan. She was originally a Mariner, but actually finished with the next class. Several other A/P members said to say Hi to Jim & Joan.
Afterward we had dinner at Picadilly with the family and visited a while longer. I'll post pics later.


George Barton
I would like to wish Mr. Elliott a happy first century, and good luck on the second. The oldest person in the world lives right here in Georgia now, at Monroe, Bessie Cooper, she will be 115 in August. And Terrell, she was a school teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment