Sunday, February 20, 2011

Gleaning Facebook: MSP Conference

 Our Math/Science Partnership group jointly presented (very informally) at the 2011 Georgia Science Teachers Assn Conference last Friday. Here are a few pics.


Space Hats
One of my fellow MSPers showed off her students "Space Hats" Each child designed a wizard's hat that would "teach" a lesson about a part of the Solar System unit.



The leader of our Fourth Grade MSP group was the irrepressible Marlee Tierce.


Here Marlee opens the session. The teacher on the right is looking through our school's Science Fair booklet, which was part of my "Show & Tell".


Wanda Dugger science-teacher/musician and my MSP buddy, showed off the palm pipes we made last summer (and her grandson!)


Moon Pie Phases seems a delicious way to teach that standard!


I'll try the little foldable at lower right reinforce phases of the moon.




I used Sheila's iPad to show off our Science Fair HQ website, and distributed copies of our Science Fair booklet and a page of Science Fair tips from our ten-years of fairs at Armuchee.

Another session I attended was "Science and Storytelling".


The diminutive teller made me a litterer who has been cursed by having his litter specially magnetized to "return to sender".



Here's the teller, a prof at Bainbridge College.



I took lots of pics like this to remind me of activities I want to use. Here an experiment to see the effect of friction on the amount of energy required to move these blocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment