Thursday, October 16, 2008

What I Am Doing

Report from the front: my flowers still live!

I wrote a post today about my local congressman entitled: Mike Turner Is A Bum, For Our Democracy’s Sake, Let’s Throw The Bum Out I hope I've not gone too far. I hope his children don't read my article and ask their dad, "Daddy, Are You A Bum?"

And, by the way, "Bum" is a pretty kind word compared to other less kinds words that would certainly fit, like, "Thief," or, one my dad liked, "Shyster." I just looked the word up. How appropriate. Shyster: "One who is professionally unscrupulous, especially in the practice of law or politics."

I've had one comment to the article that inspired me to agree that there are plenty of Democrat bums that should be thrown out as well.

Last week, Ohio had its first execution in about 18 months. I wrote a post that quoted the Catholic Bishops' opposition to capital punishment. (I had more hits on that article, over 225, than any other article, so far.) My brother-in-law told me that it, officially, also is the position of the Methodist Church to oppose capital punishment. I'm wondering what percentage of Methodists agree with their church's official position on this topic? The support for capital punishment is coming from some where. It's a topic that deserves discussion. I wonder what Obama or McCain would say about the topic?

I thought I would try some Google ads just to see what would happen. It's been going for a couple of days. I just looked, so far I've accumulated ten cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment