Monday, November 19, 2012

Gleaning Facebook: Bald Eagles!


What a morning... a pair of our majestic national symbols gliding about, bringing branch and litter to renovate their nest. I watched with Doug Walker and Max Hester for perhaps thirty minutes before each bird winged his/her way southwestward on a hunting mission perhaps. Max got several great shots this morning (as did Doug) but this one is from earlier this season. Bald Eagles in Rome! I'm still in awe. Nonchalant as you please ignoring the traffic on 27 and the busy college campus at the foot of their tree, just going about the day-to-day preparations of any pair of expectant parents. We now have Bald Eagles in Rome, Kingston, Weiss Lake, Chattooga Co. and Carters Lake. I followed our pair toward the quarry but didn't see them again.

I continued my walk along the Viking Trail and assorted other Berry lanes for an enjoyable hour or so. Besides the usual unnumbered does and fawns, I saw several nice bucks -- one an eight-pointer.

Comments: 


John Countryman That's a majestic bird!

Bob Doster Got at least one pair down here.
Rose McDonald Darby We had one land in our back yard a few years ago. It was awe-inspiring and almost unbelievable.
Terrell Shaw
For those who may be curious -- Bob is in Eatonton GA & Rose is in Brunswick GA. Isn't it great to see the comeback of the raptors. DDT almost did 'em in.

Steve Evans Terrell - now that the election is over - it's nice to hit "like" for a change.
Terrell Shaw Don't worry Steve, I expect I'll still manage to aggravate my conservative friends occasionally. Alice Jeffries Keel How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment