Saturday, November 24, 2012

Gleaning Facebook: Andrew Osborns Eagles

by Andrew Osborn

 Sheila and I drove back out to Berry to watch the eagles this morning, my sixth morning there in a row. We arrived, bundled in gloves and stocking caps and grasping our hot coffee cups, binoculars, and camera, at 7:02.

The nest seemed empty. It was. One, then the other flew back home a few minutes later and gave us a nice show for over an hour.
We finally left them, still around or on the nest, at 8:22. This is the latest they have stayed at the nest this week. Could they be expecting a blessed event soon? Or maybe they just don't work on weekends?
Andrew Osborn was there as well and, I suspect, got some great shots as the sun came up in a clear sky. Can't wait to see them. My own photography, with my inadequate lens and slow reflexes, was pretty dismal -- none worth posting. I'll link to Andrew's when he gets 'em up.
A beautiful, cold morning for eagle gazing.


Andrew Osborn got some great shots this morning, standing right next to the guy (me) who got not a single shot he is willing to share here. Take a look...







Look what's blooming in our yard today! It's a Confederate Rose that Jimmy, Sheila's brother, rooted and gave us earlier this year. Strange time to bloom, but gorgeous!


No comments:

Post a Comment