Saturday, January 21, 2017

Gleaning Facebook: Women's March

Per NPR news: Washington transit officials say transit is busier today (Woman's March) than yesterday (Inauguration Day). And that is just in DC. My daughter is participating in the march in Atlanta. Many Romans are marching in Mentone AL of all places. Over 600 marches nationwide. Trump is president by virtue of a perfect storm of lies, FBI intervention, and Russian intrigue. The people oppose him more than any previous president on his first day in office.


Kimberly Jo Everett

pastedGraphic.png


Kimberly Jo Everett
I marched in Memphis!


Susan Polkinghorn
Very, very well said!


Katie S. Kimbrough
Is there a march in Atlanta?


Susan Polkinghorn
Yes! Now! Ending at the Capital.


Katie S. Kimbrough
Ok I thought he meant the only March here was in Mentone.


Susan Polkinghorn
More than 600 marches across the country! He is such a loser.


Terrell Shaw
My daughter is at the one in Atlanta. I just listened (on TV) as John Lewis addressed that big group. 100s of thousands in Washington and marches all over the country and the world.


Luis Schnitzer Da Silva
Terrell Shaw
fantastic I really hope those numbers are high and true


David Matheny
60,000 in ATL at the latest estimate.


Katie S. Kimbrough
David Matheny
whoa! That's a great number!


Terrell Shaw
David Matheny
It looked like more than that on the tv videos.... that stream of humanity just rolled unendingly across the screen! 


Susan Polkinghorn
Yes! Now! Ending at the Capital.


Katie S. Kimbrough
Ok I thought he meant the only March here was in Mentone.


Hilda Atkins Moore
Time will surely tell it all........I remain calm.


Susan Polkinghorn
Hilda, with all due respect I remain engaged, active, and vocal. I cannot imagine feeling calm with this buffoon as POTUS.


Hilda Atkins Moore
I am 82 yrs. old and I am happy to leave it in your capable hands.


Ellen Henderson Garrard
My granddaughter, Marley, is headed to Chattanooga with her Rome High friends. So proud of them!


Chris Goodwin
You are an intelligent man. Can you really not link the demographics of Washington DC to the ratio of attendance of the last two presidents? Of course the first inauguration of Obama was a milestone in our country. One of which anyone would loved to have witnessed. It should have held epic attendance. The second inauguration wasn't as populated. Washington DC has an 80% democratic population. If inaugurations were held in Alabama, would you expect there to be great attendance for the next democrat. Your repeated posts and hourly memes are not reflective of such an eloquent speaker and educated man, but more of an emotional blabber with silliness of Russian influence and racism. I fully expect protest and disproval, but some of your posts don't fit the man. I'm trying to not post anything political, but the attendance memes portraying that America isn't supportive of the POTUS, is missing a few important facts.


Howard Smith
And, my wife is in Washington with friends!

Terrell Shaw
I have many friends there today. As I had many friends in Washington on January 20, 2009. I suspect Barack Obama were inaugurated in Anchorage there would have been an amazing crowd. But I am glad that many of his supporters in DC were able to attend both of his inaugurations.

BTW, as I wrote elsewhere the fact of Trump's relatively small inaugural turnout is only important in light of his narcissistic predictions and his post-inaugural exaggerations.


Laurie Craw
Yes, that's the point. If he wasn't such an "It's all about ME!" braggart, unbecoming the high office he holds, and a liar, comparing the numbers of attendees at his inauguration and the Women's March would not be necessary. Otherwise, a big crowd would just be a big crowd.


Victoria Stanz Abernathy
Cave Spring is represented up there also. My niece and friends are in Chicago. Wish I were flush and younger!


David Alan Hicks
Here's a link you might like. http://www.cnn.com/.../womens-march-around-the-world-orig...

pastedGraphic_1.png

CNN.COM

Women's Marches around the world - CNN Video


Victoria Stanz Abernathy
Seven continents!


Bill Barker
Hm

No comments:

Post a Comment