Monday, January 16, 2017

King Day 2017

Lining up for the march. This picture is from Monica Shepherd's Facebook page. I see myself and Lillian in this shot.

Sheila and I were pleased to have this wonderful piece of artwork by James Schroeder to carry in the march today. I am wearing a Barack Obama inauguration t-shirt. Sheila is wearing her "Turn Your Back on Hate" shirt.


And what a joy to have our daughter Lillian to walk with us.





Commissioner Wendy Davis

Alvin Jackson has led the march for the King Celebration in Rome since its beginning.

Howard Smith

In a team building and goal setting retreat I was conducting for Rome's City Commissioners Buddy Mitchell, as Chairman, once said "working together works"..... and, he meant it.


Our pastor, Rev. Kenny Ott
 had a part in the program.

Anita Stewart
Great, Kenny!


Ruth Baird Shaw
Kenny...Thank you!


Jesse Reed, who is a classmate of our daughter Brannon, is the leader of the "Turn Your Back on Hate" group.

Carol Payne

Yeah, Jessie!!



City Commissioner Sundai Stevensoin

Anita Stewart
What an inspiration....yeah, Sundai!


Wendy Davis
Great weekend! So proud of Sundai's efforts!!


John Paul Schulz
Sundai is cool


After the program at the City Auditorium (above) we drove out to the old Main High building for a lunch.

Hilda Atkins Moore
My heart and love are there.


Howard Smith
proud of Wendy Davis


Wendy Davis
Thanks for the pix, Terrell!!



Reginald Gordon
Awesome I'll be there next year


Lois Gilbert

Thank you Terry!


John Countryman

Terrific turnout!


Anita Stewart
 Excellent crowd.


Cornelia Gamble

Thank you, Terrell. I felt like I was there. I have been there many times.


Melanie Collette Babb
 Thanks for posting


George Dean 
· My family thanks you and yours!


CeCe Baker
 Thank you.


George Dean
 No justice No peace! Freedom!


Hilda Atkins Moore
 
·Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!! We're on the RIGHT track.. TGBTG......


Andi Rouse Beyer
 Great crowd!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment