Thursday, February 21, 2019

Gleaning Facebook: Rain Waters

This picture is actually from December 28, 2018. 

Terrell Shaw
Lillian Shaw Brannon Shaw y'all remember this spot...


Warren Blackwell
That's a lot of water


Terrell Shaw
Every time I see Desoto Falls I think of an MYF retreat during the sixties that, I think, was in a cabin overlooking the valley below the falls... do any of my Trinity old geezer friends remember that better than I do?


Frank Norris
I've never seen it that full/furious before.


Clare Lacey Gilliland
Turbulent


Anita Stewart
this is amazing....never seen DeSoto this vicious.


 -------------

Rome Sweet Wet Home -- look quick; you might see our backyard.


Cindy Smith

Wow! That’s a LOT of water

pastedGraphic.png


Terrell Shaw
It surely is.


Cindy Smith
Terrell Shaw
I’ve seen it this high before but it’s been a long time ago.


Terrell Shaw
Cindy Smith
yes, I have too... but there’s still more rain coming, right? It was on my mind so much last night that I dreamed the city announced that the levees might be breached... and Sheila and I, in my dream, were busily bringing all our downstairs stuff upstairs! 

pastedGraphic_1.png



Cindy Smith
Terrell Shaw
surely hope you weren’t having a premonition! And yes, it’s supposed to rain until Sunday!


Renata Carlin
We are having the same problem here. My bottom half of the backyard is a big soggy sponge with standing water in the tree wells. We should begin a drying out spell starting tomorrow. As for you, I hope the levee doesn't break!

No comments:

Post a Comment