Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Is Trump ALL I am Against?

A friend wrote on my Facebook page a while ago that it seems the only thing "the left" is against is "Trump".
And it occurs to me there may be truth in that. 
Hmmmmmm....

I guess it depends on what "Trump" means.
If by "Trump" my friend means the things I've seen Donald John Trump do and say ....
  • Unrestrained never-ending lying
  • Caging kids
  • Wasting billions on a vanity wall
  • Encouraging white nationalists
  • Sexual predation
  • Ridding Americans of healthcare insurance if they have pre-existing conditions
  • Coddling Putin and other dictators
  • Ignoring the murder of Khashoggi
  • Selling out our republic for his own financial gain
  • Dismissal of science
  • Rape of the environment
  • Destruction of public education
  • Concentrating wealth in fewer and fewer hands
  • Mocking the disabled
  • Ridiculing national heroes and Gold Star families
  • Lying some more
  • Etc. Etc. Etc.
Yep, in that case, "Trump" is pretty much every thing I abhor in one smelly package.
I often write about what I am for too, by the way. Perhaps she missed it. Politically "what I am for" can be summed up nicely in the first sentence of our Constitution, which indicates in less plain but much finer language that the body politic should always be about ---
  • perfecting our republic
  • making sure there's justice for all
  • keeping peace and order within our republic
  • defending us from foreign threats
  • promoting the welfare of all
  • securing the blessings of liberty for all, now and always.
And NONE of that (except maybe ineffective protection from exaggerated foreign treats) seems to concern the man who lost the vote of the people by nearly three million ballots in 2016 and by even more in 2018. I did not watch his word salad called "The State of the Union speech" tonight, but from reports I can tell that he still refuses to even slightly modify his unAmerican attitudes and goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment