Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Gleaning Facebook: Bil & Andy, Not Mr. John This Time

 From John Paul Schulz:

March 5, 2019

Taking the living room to the schools.

Our Ridge and Valley Storytellers group is bringing two of the best story performers in the nation to entertain and teach storytelling at most of the local elementary schools.
Here’s a sweet story that answers a child’s question about a local storyteller. I take care of the flowers for a client who has horses. I go there in the afternoons every now and then to check the flowers and I often run into Hayley who sees to the needs of the horses (physically and psychologically). Haley has two daughters and a son. I’ve watched the daughters, Fern, (5), and Finch, (3), grow into lovely young ladies who always have a greeting for “Mr. John” (that’s me). The girls are delightful. The little boy is too young yet to recognize my brilliance. I’m sure he and I will be good buddies one day.
The other day, I got a message from Hayley on Facebook: “Fern asked if the famous storyteller who is coming to see them at Model Elementary is Mister John.” And here’s the answer:
“Please tell Fern that Mister John will not be one of the story tellers but that Bil Lepp and Andy Irwin will be there to wow them with a story or two. And Fern, I guarantee that you and your friends will truly love the show. You’ll laugh and you’ll go “awwww!” Both of the storytellers will be at Model on Wednesday, March 13. You are in for a treat!”
And for the adults, the Ridge and Valley Storytellers is bringing you a wonderful storytelling festival called “The Big Fibbers Festival” on March 15 and 16. Mark your calendars. Details will follow tomorrow.
--John Schulz
My good friends Fern and Finch with their new little brother.


No comments:

Post a Comment