Monday, July 15, 2019

George Conway: Trump is a racist president

Dear folks who have till now supported Donald John Trump:

I do not want to read or know your answers, I certainly don't want to argue with you. The following are rhetorical questions. The whole reason I write these things here and on Facebook is that, like Conway, there are people I love whose beliefs are so offensive to me that I cannot bear to talk with them in person about them. But the issues are also too important to me, to central to my life, for me to ignore or give up on or to be silent about. They are issues that I believe absolutely critical to the lives of my children and grandchildren and this republic.  I pray that you will actually think about them. I want you to know your answers.

Do you have the courage to seriously consider Conway's words?

The man in question is sitting in the seat of George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison... Abraham Lincoln... Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Woodrow Wilson... Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman, Dwight Eisenhower, John Kennedy... flawed men all who, no doubt sometimes allowing self-interest to color their decisions, read and thought and listened and seriously sought, by their lights and within their capabilities, to fulfill the goals of the Preamble.

How do you respond to this principled conservative lawyers observations of Donald John Trump?

Where is arch-conservative Conway wrong in what he writes here about the current president of the United States, his beloved wife's boss?

You and I share a great love of this country and probably many other things, but on the great American political issues of the last half-century there is little agreement for me with George Conway or with you, but can we not honestly face the crisis in America and deal with the great harm done to our country by Donald John Trump and his enablers? Please actually consider Conway's words.

If Donald John Trump is not a racist, there are no racists.

- Terrell

Washington Post Op-Ed -- George Conway: Trump is a racist president

No comments:

Post a Comment