Saturday, November 14, 2020

Celebrating Restoration of the Republic

Celebrating the coming restoration of the republic with our neighbors Scott & Renee Fuller (and couple dozen other rejoicing Biden/Harris voters.) We stayed masked and tried to distance to a degree except for eating and drinking and very briefly for pictures like this. — still, in retrospect, I think this celebration was the most dangerous thing I’ve done since March. With the virus spiking again, folks, please refocus on masking and distancing and washing hands!)

Daniel Eason in the plaid mask is one of the heroes of the 2020 election hereabouts in my book, both as a partisan volunteer and as a non-partisan volunteer. Thanks, Daniel for all your hard work.

Daniel Eason: Thank you, Terrell! I'm so glad to be among such a great bunch of people in Rome. We have an excellent local party that is recognized as the leader in the region, thanks to a lot of people who paved the way. And we have some excellent nonpartisan groups, especially the Floyd County League of Women Voters and OCU and the NAACP, who offer many opportunities to get involved in nonpartisan ways. I am blessed to be among such fine people and organizations who all want to make life better for their neighbors.

Jeremy Smith is a wonderful artist. His drawing of President-elect Biden was in-progress but I stole a shot of his unfinished masterpiece anyway! 

Jeremy Smith is a wonderful artist. His drawing of President-elect Biden was in-progress but I stole a shot of his unfinished masterpiece anyway!
Jeremy Smith
Had to scrap that one, T. Sorry
Joan Ledbetter
Jeremy Smith I would have bought it as is. It was great!

Jeremy Smith
Joan Ledbetter it actually was (and still is-I still have it!) a great depiction of what A Coops and Mike Pence’s love child would look like lol. I really do hate everything I do:)

Joan Ledbetter
Jeremy Smith That is funny (Anderson and MP), but you are NOT right. 

Jeremy Smith
Joan Ledbetter there’s only one way to prove to you what I’m saying is true

Joan Ledbetter
Jeremy Smith So, you could give me a discount on the price
Jeremy Smith
Joan Ledbetter oh it’s yours my dear, no charge. But I wanna see if I can get Anderson to sign it first
Terrell Shaw
What? No!
Jeremy Smith
Terrell Shaw yep. Just couldn’t see it right or something. I think the reference photo I was using had too many conflicting light sources or something. Sometimes these things just don’t work out

  • Jeremy Smith
    Terrell Shaw
    that is, however, a righteous drawing of Anderson Cooper in this photo:)
    Tracy S Lawler
    I could tell right away that it was Biden. I look forward to seeing your "redo".
    Jeremy Smith
    Tracy S Lawler sometimes you just have to give up after you realize you can’t reach your goal. There’s nothing wrong with not being able to do something.

    Jeremy Smith
    Tracy S Lawler for real though that one really did get away from me and I abandoned that piece last night. Faces are hard, yo!
    Joan Ledbetter
    Jeremy Smith Except, it was great.
  • Joan Ledbetter
    I want a copy!
  • Peggy Fowler-Casillas
    Jeremy Smith
    I don't know you and I'm not sure what you're seeing in that portrait, but that's definitely Biden. 
  • Jeremy Smith
    Awww I am just loving all you lovely awesome people trying to assuage me of whatever existential crisis you think I might be having over that portrait. It warms my heart!

    For the record, I don’t have any art training and this drawing stuff is pretty new (this is the eighth portrait I’ve worked on so far, believe it or not). There is no manual, I have no plan, and ultimately I have no idea how this stuff happens.
    So sometimes it’s ok to mess up and start over.
    In very little time I’ll relay to yall my favorite Bernini story . . .
  • Joan Ledbetter
    Jeremy Smith
    Do that, but keep everything and have an art sell soon, too 
  • Jean Filson Linos
    Wow, that is such an amazing likeness!!!
    Jeremy Smith
    Tadaaa!

126488853_10207717388208277_5554767045543264355_n.jpg








At the Biden/Harris celebration I took a bunch of my Biden button duplicates just in case. I was thrilled to swap with Joan Ledbetterr for these three Pete/Joe buttons. I've been collecting political buttons since 1964 so y'all keep me in mind if you have any to spare-- sell, swap, or donate!
Jaki DayPB&J is my fav
Melanie Collette Babb: I am so impressed with Mayor Pete.

Terrell Shaw: I was kinda hoping he'd be chief of staff... but Biden probably needs a long time associate like Ron Klain, so I understand. I'll bet he gets an important position in the administration, though.




We stayed masked most of the time but we unmasked very briefly and promised to hold our breaths for a photo-op!
Scott Fuller: A great night with great neighbors! Thanks for sharing these pics!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment