Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Nosy Questions

Have you ever...:

My sister Joan used this questionaire on her blog, Daddy's Roses. I couldn't resist giving it a go.

Crashed a friend's car? Yes. I had agreed to buy his old Olds, but we hadn’t gotten around to the paperwork! I rear-ended another car. Definitely my fault. Don’t ever let that happen to you. Both of us should have known better. It made for a complicated situation!

Been dumped ? She just barely beat me to it, dadgum her!

Been fired /laid off?
No

Snuck out of your parent's house ?
Yep.

Gone on a blind date? Yep. Bad idea.

Lied to a friend? Just little white ones!!!! Honest.

Skipped school? Maybe a couple of times.

Been to Canada? Yes. Visited my sister and her family, two or three times when they lived in Buffalo, New York; we visited Niagara Falls and we spent a day in Toronto. Later Sheila and I spent a night or two at the Prince of Wales Hotel in Waterton National Park in Alberta. Gorgeous!

Been in a fist fight?
Not since fifth grade. Came close to one in 1993.

Been to Mexico? Nope.

Eaten Sushi? Nope.

Met someone in person from the internet? Nope

Taken pain-killers? An aspirin a day is about it.

Had a tea party? My daughters and I have had beaucoups of Tea Parties when they were preschoolers. Imaginary tea, of course. Mostly tiny cups of sand tea served with small plates of sand cherry pie and other sand delicacies. Always delicious.

"...Turn around and they're tiny: turn around and they're grown..."

Cheated while playing a game? Don't think so.

Fallen asleep at work ?
Went to sleep in mid-sentence while reading to my fifth-graders at McHenry Elementary School about 1977. I woke to those immortal words: “Look, Mr. Shaw’s gone to sleep!”

Felt an earthquake? Twice, I think. Once in West Virginia about 1970 and again in Georgia a few years later. I haven’t thought of that in years.

Touched a snake? Many times.

Been robbed? We’ve been burglarized several times. Lawn mowers, weedeaters, bicycles, etc.

Petted a reindeer/goat? Yes. We even borrowed a friend’s goat for a few days so it could eat up some honeysuckle. This may not count, but one of the most memorable Independence Day Barbecues I've ever attended involved a goat -- delicious.

Won a Contest? I guessed the number of beans in a jar at Camp Glisson. I was awarded the beans.

Been in a car accident? 6 or 7 since 1963. Only two have been my fault.

Had braces?
No

Eaten a whole pint of ice cream or a whole package of cookies at a sitting?
I am sure I have.

Witnessed a crime? No

Swam in the ocean?
Yep. I love the ocean, but I’m not big on swimming in it.

Sung karaoke? Yes. Most recently I led our fourth-grade teachers in karaoke versions of "Monster Mash" and "Purple People Eater" for our school fall festival. It was a schoolyard smash!

Paid for a meal with only coins? Some youngster wrote this question. I remember 10 cent hamburgers. As late as 1970 I was eating a full home-cooked meal at Opal’s Diner in Eleanor WV every third day. It cost a dollar even. I’m sure I occasionally paid in quarters.

Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose? Yep, again. I don’t have a specific memory. But I can conjure the sensation easily.

Crashed a party?
No

Worn Pearls?
Pearl’s what?

Jumped off a bridge? At a swimming hole near Red House WV

Eaten dog/cat food? Yuck!!!!

Kissed a mirror?
What?!!

Glued your hand to something?
Super Glue!

Been kissed under mistletoe? And other greenery. Not all girls know mistletoe in the wild and others are willing to imagine the mistletoe.

Done a one-handed cartwheel? I wish.

Talked on the phone for more than 2 hours? I doubt it. Close a time or two.

Didn't take a shower for a week? Never! That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. (And to my clothes.)

Picked and eaten an apple right off the tree? Yes.

Been told by a complete stranger that you're hot? It happens all the time to us hefty 58-year-olds. The animal magnetism is just more than some women can resist, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment