Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"The Most Insidious of Traitors"

I happened across* this quote from the first President Bush. I looked it up. Sure enough, it's right there on the CIA website:


Even though I'm a tranquil guy now at this stage of my life, I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view, the most insidious, of traitors.
-President George Bush, Sr.
And now Shrub has given a "get out of jail free card" to a man who tried to cover up the administration exposing of, not just a source, but an actual CIA agent. That must be galling to the old CIA director, Bush, Sr.


(l-r) Bush, Libby, Cheney

I continue to believe that George, Sr., in his heart of hearts, must ache for the damage his son has done to the country and to his name.

BTW: It's also interesting to see him thanking Senator Kerry in this speech from 1999.

* Here is where I found the Bush, Sr. quote. This post and the comments to it are an interesting discussion of the Libby commutation scandal.

Check out this old pressed leaf from the Limb:
April 2006 - A Disastrous Presidency

No comments:

Post a Comment