Monday, June 23, 2008

PTSW : Pelican




I found this naughty little limerick at Granny J.'s Walking Prescott blog. In early 2007 Sheila and I participated in the Enviroinmental Educators' Alliance conference at Jekyll Island GA.



One of the field trips was an afternnon cruise along the coast on the DNR's Research Vessel Anna. The Anna is a shrimper that the DNR uses to sample marine life along the coast to keep track of marine populations. The pelicans chased us the entire voyage. The photos on this post are three of the dozen or so pelican pics I took that day. Wonderful birds indeed.


A wonderful bird is the pelican,
His bill will hold more than his belican,
He can take in his beak
Enough food for a week
But I'm darned if I know how the helican!
-Dixon L. Merritt

No comments:

Post a Comment