Monday, November 30, 2009

Gleaning Facebook: Christmas Program, stat.

 I have a sudden fill-in gig to sing for a Christmas program... THURSDAY! Yikes! AND needs to do it with accompaniment tapes/CDs. AND he can't find some of his old standbys: Little Town Of Bethlehem (English Melody) and Some Children See Him. Are any of you local Karaoke Kings out there in a loaning frame of mind? I need about four good numbers.

Or do I have an accomplished accompanist among my friends that feels like donating some time this week for a bunch of preachers? <grin>

Jennifer Sikes

You may want to give Brian a call. He has all kinds of music ... do you have his cell number?

Terrell Shaw

Sounds promising... I don't have his #


Ruth Baird Shaw

Terry have you called Rachael Jones? is this the ROCO District preachers diiner at Trinity? Sing...O holy Night. You will be great!!! Few people have the voice even close to the quality of yours... You coudl always sing Amazing Grace...by request ...what could be more Christ mas ???


Carol Shaw Johnston

Yes - "O Holy Night" and "Mary, Did You Know?" Then, you also must sing them for the family when we get together at Christmas. One of my favorite Christmas songs is Alabama's "Christmas in Dixie" - LOL! Don't know how that would sound as a solo, though.

Terrell

Yes, it's the ROCO group. David called me yesterday when some other plans fell through. In a moment of insanity I agreed. <grin> Actually, I'll enjoy it, I imagine. Of course if you had beaten me like you should have when I decided to quit piano lessons...


Angela Flanagan McRee

was our progress today all for naught?

Terrell

Heavens no, Angela, but I thot maybe someone among my FB friends would have a karaoke that would top off the list perfectly. I like the idea of Mary Did You Know?


Deborah Shaw Lewis

Mother, are you going to the District pastor's banquet on Thursday night? That is where Terry will be singing.

Jim Ellington

Terrell, I will save you....I just had an epithany <sp???>...how about Amazing Grace to the tune of Jingle Bells? It works!!! Betcha it would be a "Show stopper"!!!LOL!

Jackson Williamson
I once saw somebody perform Amazing Grace to the tune of Gilligan's Island. Had me in stitches!

Terrell
Yes, I have heard Ed Kilbourne sing both those versions of Amazing Grace... but the greatest all-time alternative tune for Amazing Grace (and vice versa) is "Peaceful Easy Feeling" (Epiphany, btw. :-) )






No comments:

Post a Comment