Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Gleaning FaceTime: Christmas 2012

New York bagels --from Lots o' Bagels -- eggs, cheese, coffee, and my girls.
(Actually they spell it Lot's O Bagels, but the English major in me forced me to relocate the apostrophe.)

Terrell Shaw
Of course I suppose there could be a guy named Lot who owns a bagel store called O Bagels.


Jackson Williamson
Are they...salty bagels?

Terrell Shaw
For JW who wants to know: Bran & I had "everything" bagels, Sheila had plain, and Lil had cinnamon raisin. 

Bran had the eggs & cheese among the few things left at her apartment and scrambled them together for us. The coffee was from Dunkin Donuts.


Ruthy Countryman
Perfect Christmas breakfast...actually I could really enjoy a REAL bagel some cream cheese & lox! 


Buzz Wachsteter
Bring home some real NY water bagels. They are the REAL bagels and I am betting very few folks in Rome have ever had one.


Julia Hilburn Dent
I am soo jealous!!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Charlie Hehn
Dude!!!!!! Bagels!!!!!!! I want a punperknickel toasted with cream cheese, lox, thick Bermuda onion slice and sprouts. Of course don't forget the thick black coffee. Ahhhhhh.....

Bob Doster
They got any grits up there?


Terrell Shaw
Actually Lillian had grits at the Stone Park Cafe in Brooklyn yesterday! And she says they were good.


Anita Stewart
Enjoy the New York life and fringes!

------------------

We did it. Gluttony. We went back to Seva Indian Cuisine for lunch. Chicken Saag, Mulligatawny Soup, Naan, Tandoori Chicken Tikka, Navrattan Korma, Aloo Gobi Matar. Now for some coffee to keep me awake for Les Miserables, the movie musical.
I will now have to visit Seva every time I come to NYC.

Nancy John Singh
Lol, enjoy the movie:)...we may have to try this Seva...by the way Seva means to serve!

Mary Clemones Stanley
Since you know your way around NYC why not do a Christmas tour next year. You could make some "cha-ching"!
-----------------------

Les miserables. Oh. My. I have a couple of bones to pick but what a gorgeous, awful, wonderful, terrifying, inspiring, emotionally draining two and a half hours. I have just vicariously experienced overwhelming despair, exhilarating optimism, desperste grief, and thrilling love.

Kendra L Harris I'm glad you got in. lol I had figured I may see you there... We were too late.. sold out before we arrived but are headed back tomorrow. So glad to know I have an almost 18 year old who is super excited to see it! 

Terrell Shaw It was sold out here in NYC too.


Kendra L Harris lol then I guess I wouldn't have run into you... wish I had though 

Jagdeep Singh Le Miz ... it WILL deliver everytime if done properly, thanks to Boublil, Shonberg, and of course Hugo.
Mary Nisbet Asbury
So....you liked it???
Howard Smith sounds like LIFE!


John Vick It is a perfect example of art reflecting life, and it is always entertaining and emotional, both Hugo's theme and Webber's music. It never gets old.

-------------------

A bit of rhyme I wrote for my bride and daughters at Christmas a few years ago:

Exchanging Gifts
What gifts will you bring your Papa?
Pure gold, however they’re made—
Wrapped in sunshine of smiles;
Tied up with love that won’t fade.
What gift will you bring your Lover?
Its rich, whatever you’ve spent,
You’ve paid thrice in sweat and tears
and my promises, broken or bent.
What gifts can I bring my daughters?
What present is worthy my wife?
Tawdry trinkets diamonds would seem
On these precious true-treasures of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment