Monday, December 08, 2014

Gleaning Facebook: Yuletide Melodies

 I had a great time today telling tales at the Christmas gathering of the Lavender View Garden Club. Then after dinner we were given a twenty part puzzle to solve. I won! I got all 20 correct. Can you?

Having taught school beginning in 1969, I have had the privilege of learning to interpret educationese. That language is a difficult one to master, but after all these years I had an advantage over the other folks at the party. These song titles appropriate to the season have been written in that language. Can you translate them into the more melodic words of standard English?
1. Bleached Yule
2. Castaneous-colored Seed Vesicated in a Conflagration
3. Singular Yearning for the Twin Anterior Incisors
4. Righteous Darkness
5. Arrival Time2400 hrs - WeatherCloudless
6. Loyal Followers Advance
7. Far Off in a Feeder
8. Array the Corridor
9. Bantam Male Percussionist
10. Monarchial Triad
11. Nocturnal Noiselessness
12. Jehovah Deactivate Blithe Chevaliers
13. Red Man En Route to Borough
14. Frozen Precipitation Commence
15. Proceed and Enlighten on the Pinnacle
16. The Quadruped with the Vermillion Probiscis
17. Query Regarding Identity of Descendant
18. Delight for this Planet
19. Give Attention to the Melodious Celestial Beings
20. The Dozen Festive 24 Hour Intervals
Ready. Set. Go!


Comments

Ruth Baird Shaw Your are smarter than i. I started off Ok with number 1. White Christmas and number 4.Holy Night and only a few more.,,
Melanie Collette Babb I think I got them all. You will need to post the answers.


Jenny Sills Answers Please.


Terrell Shaw I'll post answers … but let's give a little more time for folks to think about it. 

Jenny Sills You are killing me!

David Marlin Rains Maternal Osculation Santi Nicolaus Observed.
Jenny Sills I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus!

Jane Cox Slickman Got 'em!


Jenny Sills I surrender I cannot figure out #8. Rudolph momentarily stumped me too.

Terrell Shaw Answers:
1. White Christmas 2. Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire 3. All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth 4. O Holy Night 5. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear 6. O Come, All Ye Faithful 7. Away in a Manger 8. Deck the Hall 9. Little Drummer Boy 10. We Three Kings 11. Silent Night 12. God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen 13. Santa Claus is Coming to Town 14. Let it Snow 15. Go, Tell It on the Mountain 16. Rudolph, the Red-nosed Reindeer 17. What Child is This? 18. Joy to the World 19. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing 20. The Twelve Days of Christmas

Melanie Collette Babb Got them all! Had a little trouble with #17, but came back to it and figured it out. I love trivia/brain teasers. Had fun with these. Thanks for sharing.

Harriet Kiser got all but #2--had to look that one up


No comments:

Post a Comment