Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Terrell's Blog of the Week: Rhymes with Plague

His first post includes that day's stock market report, a quotation from Alice's famous trial in Alice in Wonderland, and this manifesto:
As it happens, I know nothing about either the stock market or the world of blogging. Nothing whatever. However, may it please the court, some things are very important to me, and some things are very unimportant. It is my hope that you, the jury, will enjoy the journey on which we are about to embark. I'll try my best not to bore you along the way. I rest my case.

- Bob Brague, from Rhymes with Plague

I have had the good fortune to happen upon several interesting writers because they stumbled somehow onto this blog, and I, with an obsession to know who visits, clicked on their return links. Folks like Craig at Donkey Path, SW at Oh!Pinion, Guy at the Questing Parson, Tricia at The Miss Rumphius Effect, and Frank at Irenic Thoughts. (These are all listed in the links at the right.) I won't try to catch you up on all the blogs I've discovered in the past -- many of them can be found at the right. But I'll occasionally let you know of my new discoveries with a Blog of the Week post.

Last week Bob Brague stopped by the Limb and left a message. What a treat to follow him back to Rhymes with Plague, a blog only a couple of month's old now. And from there to his autobiographical sketches, Silver and Florabelle Oxley, that Garrison Keillor has included on the Prairie Home Companion website.

Bob is sixty-something. Lost his mother when he was sixteen. Grew up in a home with four rooms and a path. Hauled water across a pasture from a neighbor's spigot every other day for three years. Gave the valedictory address for his 41 high school classmates in 1958. Plays the piano, writes sonnets and is working on a novel.

Click on the links above. You will not be bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment