Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday Concert: Blue Skies

How about a little college choral music this Sunday. Last week Sheila and I attended the annual Feast of Caroles performed by Shorter College choral students. The college Chorus under the direction of Matthew Hoch; their guests, the Ridgeland High School Chorus directed by Anthoney Goss; Shorter's wonderful a cappella men's group, Something Else; and the creme de la creme, The Shorter Chorale under Martha Shaw presented a wonderful assortment of sacred and secular Christmas music. We bought copies of the Chorale's CD for ourselves and my mother. It includes a solo by Shorter's alumna and Metropolitan Opera Grand Prize winner Jamie Barton.

Anyway, that put me in a mood for some choral music. It's not Shorter College, but here's a little something I happened on at YouTube. YouTube doesn't give much information. I think it is a convention of college level barbarshop quartets.

No comments:

Post a Comment