Sunday, April 13, 2014

Gleaning Facebook: Visiting Kindermusik

from Kathie Ortwein Inglesby's Facebook: Mr. Terrell Shaw shares an alligator! -----------------------

I love storytelling. Y'all probably haven't noticed that.

Yesterday I had a gig with a whole bunch of really little guys, the Kindermusik classes at Berry College's Krannert Center ballroom. A hundred and a quarter or so folks - pre-school kids and their grown-ups sat around (or ran about) on the big ballroom floor singing songs with fun motions led by Wendy William and Kathryn Nobles.

Then I told my version of David Holt's version of Joel Chandler Harris's version of "Trouble!", the story of how Alligator got his crackly, scaly, skin. After the story poor Boudreaux, our four-year-old gator endured fifteen minutes of terror as the kids and grown-ups paraded by to gently stroke his tail or touch his soft little webbed feet. (Boudreaux really needs to be retired and replaced by a hatchling, he has lost his love of show business.)
I had a ball.
Storytelling is for children of all ages from one to eleventy-one. And I have told to almost all those ages.
If you love storytelling btw, join our new storytelling group. Our organization meeting will be Monday evening, April 14, 7 p.m., at Trinity United Methodist Church, Rome GA. Y'all come!



Comments


Michelle Moriarty Smith That's the thing I remember most about you as my teacher-your story-telling! (Next would be the the love and wonder you inspired for the outdoors!)

Terrell Shaw That warms m'soul, Michelle, m'Belle. Thank you.

Darrell Fedchak Can I video chat in? It's a bit of a commute from Pennsylvania...

Terrell Shaw

It'd be great wif me, Davy Jones. I'd havta turn that job over to one of the kids prob'ly.

Jane Jameson I with I had been there to hear about Boudreaux!

No comments:

Post a Comment