Thursday, November 22, 2018

Gleaning Facebook: Family Joy and Pain Found Online

James Leon Baird’s death certificate. May 1, 1923. He had been born Oct 4, 1919. He died of measles and bronchial? pneumonia.

Little James Leon Baird is right there on the 1920 Census. In 1923 he and his newborn baby sister (my mother Ruth Baird Shaw) would both be struck with the measles. His would turn to pneumonia and take his young life but she would recover; five years short of a century later I am privileged to get to talk with that baby sister almost every day.

My grandmother in her kitchen at 45 Hazel street, Porterdale, GA.

My grandmother Ieula Ann Dick (Baird) with several of her grandchildren. Ruth Baird Shawdo we have this picture? I found it online today.
Ruth Baird Shaw
David Baird Shaw if the little boy and at the end of the sofa...with his arms folded and looking angry with someone. It may his little cousin sitting up under his Grandmama Baird's arm?

Diane Loyd Gage
I am the little girl in the red socks and my brother, Danny, is the little boy in blue, sitting on top of the sofa.
Terrell
Who is the luttle guy under Mama Baird’s arm? Could it be Andy McCullough?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment