Friday, January 02, 1970

Time Machine: Mackville Thoro'bred 1952-53

I grew up adoring my two older sisters. I saw them as the smartest and most beautiful girls ever. They were cheerleaders. Jan played the piano. Joan would be chosen a "Georgia Peach of the Week" by the Atlanta Constitution later this decade. But for 1953 they were the "Queens" of their classes at Mackville School - Joan in Sixth Grade  and Jan in Eighth.

I will start school next year and be pictured with Mrs. Overstreet's first grade class there. 

Seventy years from now Joan will post these pictures on something called "Facebook" and write:
Wow! I had to open and look through this yearbook to even figure out what school this was. We only lived in Mackville, KY two years - my 6th and 7th grade. Apparently Jan and I were “queens” of our classes. Who knew?! That’s me with my head turned! 😂 Jan is 4 to the right of me.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment