Friday, January 02, 1970

Mrs. Parks Seventh Grade

Mrs. Parks Seventh Grade Class

Ellijay Elementary School

Ellijay, Georgia

1959-60



Comments from 2010

Tony Pope
Wish they still did class photos like this! Seeing the classrooms like this gives you an idea on the innerworkings of the classroom. My oldes bro has one from Johnson in the 1960s. Need to scan it and post.


Terrell Shaw
Tagged Ray because he has an interest in Gilmer Co pics


Martin Penland Teem
I still have my copy of this one. Good group.


Martin Penland Teem
The teacher is Mrs. Bryan Parks, not Janelle Knight--Knight was sixth grade, this is seventh.


Terrell Shaw
Where was my head, Marty! I know better than that. I fixed Mrs. Parks' tag. Why don't you tag some more of these folks. I'll probably screw up the names if I continue trying. There are several whose first names I think I know but the last name are fuzzy.


Wanda Mulkey Dagraedt
OK Guys....I tagged some more folks...and I still have my pic as well.


Terrell Shaw
Thanks Wanda!


Larry Ray
Second row from left, behind Lorraine is Douglas Montgomery, behind him is Janet Beaver, in front of Mrs Parkks is Kay Millsap. In that same row, in the stripped shirt I think is Calvin Sharpe. in front of Lorraine I'm not sure, maybe Barbara Parks???.


Wanda Mulkey Dagraedt
Hey Larry...the gal is front of Lorraine is Patricia (Nelson??)..does that ring a bell?


Terrell Shaw
Were there class pictures from 1958-59, or 1960-61? This is the only Ellijay Elem. class pic I have.
Do y'all remember --
- Paul Anderson lifting a bunch of us (15 kids or more) on an apparatus in the auditorium?
- Officer Don coming there?
- Crowding into one room to watch on TV Alan Shepard's 15 minute sub-orbital flight?


Wanda Mulkey Dagraedt
Funny you should mention Officer Don...Don Kennedy did a lot of voice work for us after we moved our Company to Marietta. A great guy and huge Big Band fan.....he was doing a Big Band show on Sirius. When I mentioned Officer Don, he brushed it aside...that was THEN....this is NOW! I'll have to think about other pics from that era.


Terrell Shaw
My cousin Don Baird was a news man for WSB radio for a long time and later for NBC and CNN. Don Kennedy was one of the radio guys that spoke at my cousin's funeral almost two years ago now. That voice was unmistakable. We still hear him occasionally on GPB's "Big Band Jump".
What kind of company do you have?


Wanda Mulkey Dagraedt
We do HD Video and Film, DVD/CD Duplication, Broadcast/Cable
Advertising, Scriptwriting, Interactive Training CD, just about anything to do with Video and Film and Audio Recording/Editing.
Digital Billboards....I think I left out the kitchen sink..my husband Dave and I have worked in Atlanta for 26 years with Fortune 500 Companies, Broadcast Commercials and Mom and Pop around the corner. We're both Creative People and have loved every project (just about) we've worked on. That's it in a nutshell.


Terrell Shaw
Great! Now I've got to ask a business question... I'll message you.


Martin Penland Teem
Take a look at the new tags and see if you disagree with any of them.


Terrell Shaw
Great job, Marty. Thanks!


Wanda Mulkey Dagraedt
Hey Guys, isn't that Wayne Parks behind Hilda Page?


Wanda Mulkey Dagraedt
Sorry...I meant Annette Stanley?


Wanda Mulkey Dagraedt
And I think the girl behind Wayne Parks is Brenda something...ring any bells?


Zelda Buford
31 in one class oh my!!!!


Terrell Shaw
And I complain about my 28 and 29 this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment