Friday, January 02, 1970

Time Machine: Mackville Summer 1953?

The good-lookin' kid second from left in the picture below is me. Next are my sister, Deborah & Carol. Don't remember the bookends. My sister Debi posted it this week.
I believe, based on comments, that this was taken in Mackville, Kentucky. It was obviously summer. If it was Summer of 1953 I would have been 6 years old, Debi 21 months, and Carol 4 years.

From Deborah Shaw Lewis's Facebook

Anyone know who the two children on the ends are? Terry, Debi and Carol are in the middle.



Carol Shaw Johnston
I don't think I have ever seen this photo!

Deborah Shaw Lewis
I had not seen this photo either. This was in my envelope of pictures from Mother's.

Carol Shaw Johnston
Just look at you, Debi! If you're not the cutest thing with those big eyes and curly hair. You were such a precious little girl - and a precious grown-up as well.

Beth Shaw
What a cute picture!!! I love this. I've never seen it either!


Ruth Baird Shaw
I think...This was made on Asbury Campus, Don'r you see Lily in Carol there?

Ruth Baird Shaw
Debi..can you make a copy of that for me?

Carol Shaw Johnston
Now that you mention it - I CAN see a little of Lily in my face. Sophie, too, actually.

Beth Shaw
Me too Carol - that doesn't surprise me!

Beth Shaw
Debi REALLY looks like Daddy!

Carol Shaw Johnston
I thought the same thing when I was looking at it earlier.

Ruth Baird Shaw
I am pleased when all these pictures of my small children keep showing up... that you are all dressed well and look cared for...except little Beth who had managed to show up twice... topless and in a droopy diaper!!!

Joan Shaw Turrentine
Mother, we were more than dressed well and cared for. We were treasured and respected.

Carol Shaw Johnston
You were/are a wonderful mother!

Beth Shaw
Yeah - Joan and Carol are right - but my diaper was pretty droopy! lol

Deborah Shaw Lewis
Mother, where on the Asbury campus? Just walked around campus this past week, telling Kathleen stories about Benjamin, then all my chldren stories about Asbury.

Ruth Baird Shaw
Deborah, we lived on Asbury Campus when you were born. But this picture was made in Mackville??? Terry started to school in Mackville! The little boy and girl are children on the people next door who were also members of our church.


Missy Westmoreland Hargett
oh my! you and abby laipple are twins at age 3!

Later comments:

Ruth Baird Shaw
Yes! That is a good looking kid! I still am not positive about the location.... Could it be Mackville?

Joan Shaw Turrentine

I love this picture.

Terrell Shaw
I'm glad I wasn't always the sadsack I seemed in the 1954 Mackville yearbook.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment