Friday, January 02, 1970

Time Machine: VBS Antioch C. 1953

Vacation Bible School at Antioch Methodist Church near Mackville KY about 1953. Notice the 48 star flag. The Christian flag is barely visible. I can make out myself and, I think, Carol. I scannedthis very small pic at a very high resolution to try to make he kids recognizable.

Comments from 2012

Tony Pope
Cool!


Joan Shaw Turrentine
Terry, is that me on the far right?


Ruth Baird Shaw
Joan it looks like you??? Terry is in short pants about 4 kids in front of you...looking back at you??? I think the little girl holding the flag is Donna? or LaDonna? or LaSomething?... the only child of an older couple...who drove out every Sunday from a very nice home in Danville. She and Terry had the same birthday?? It seems they invited Terry to go home with them to play with LaDonna??? He considered her his"girlfriend". Terry..surely you remember her name???


Ruth Baird Shaw
She probably remembers your name!


Terrell Shaw
Mother, is she the girl who later went to Centre College and Jan & Gil knew her there?


Ruth Baird Shaw
Terry, I think not?


Ruth Baird Shaw
I love that picture. It brings back many memories for how much those young women there loved VCBS and loved having a pastor and family who worked with them. In the days before the casual use of paper products. No hot water or kitchen at the little church, they washed glasses carefully with cold water with enough clorox to make sure no germs were passed around. Good folks!!!


Ruth Baird Shaw
Terry, it is a wonder you were not spoiled???...all the little girls claimed you as their boy friend.


Terrell Shaw
Yeah, I've always had to fight 'em off!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment