Friday, January 02, 1970

Georgia Peach July 19, 1959




-------
From the future 2024:

Another great find in my sorting of my Mother's papers:
Back in the fifties, every Sunday, the Atlanta Journal and the Atlanta Constitution published a slick half-size supplement in their huge joint Sunday paper. It included, in each edition, a photo and brief blurb about a good-looking young woman as that week's "Georgia Peach". On July 19, 1959 they chose my big sister Joan. (Joan Shaw Turrentine) As a 12 year-old I was thrilled and bragged to all my friends. Of course, I never understood how it took them so long to choose one of my two beautiful older sisters!
From the perspective of 2024 it is sort of shocking to see that they gave details including height and weight!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment