Friday, January 02, 1970

Fishing with Daddy September 1958

My youngest sister Beth who died in 2022, set up a Rootsweb website in the early 2000s for my first hometown, Milstead Georgia. This is one page from that site as she wrote it:
------------------

September 1958

 Poor Daddy - baiting hooks. I still remember that cricket box, and fishing with Daddy. With all these daughters, how'd he ever get to fish?

One of my favorite childhood memories is fishing with Daddy. I wonder how tired he must have gotten with me always following him around.

That's me - where I often was, standing next to him (he's probably baiting a hook for me). And Debi is posing for the camera.

He always made sure we went places, saw things and spent time together, usually camping, fishing and outdoors.

Mother could cook the best food over a fire with Army - Navy Surplus cooking utensils Daddy bought for camping trips. I still remember the taste of french toast cooked over a fire in those pans. I have never seen anyone better at making something delicious out of nothing than my Mother.

Beth :)

-------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment